The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse, written and illustrated by Charlie Mackesy, has captivated hearts around the world with its inspirational messages and beautiful illustrations. A simple yet profound tale, it follows the journey of four unlikely friends as they navigate life’s challenges and joys, discovering the power of friendship, love, and courage along the way.
In this article, we’ll explore the most stirring quotes from this cherished book. Discover the wisdom and warmth of this heartfelt story by Charlie Mackesy. Delve into the enchanting world of these four friends as they teach us about love, courage, and friendship. Each quote reveals the essence of the story and imparts wisdom that will resonate with readers of all ages.
1. The Journey Begins
- “What do you want to be when you grow up? Kind, said the boy.” – The Boy
- “What do you think success is? asked the boy. To love, said the mole.” – The Mole
- “Being honest with yourself is a good place to start, said the fox.” – The Fox
- “Asking for help isn’t giving up, said the horse. It’s refusing to give up.” – The Horse
2. On Friendship
- “I’ve discovered something better than cake. No, you haven’t, said the boy. I have, replied the mole. What is it? A hug. It lasts longer.” – The Mole
- “You haven’t really been listening, said the fox. If you listen with your ears and your heart, you will hear everything.” – The Fox
- “Sometimes I think you believe in me more than I do, said the boy. You’ll catch up, said the horse.” – The Horse
- “We all need someone to lean on, said the boy.” – The Boy
3. On Courage and Strength
- “Bravery is not the absence of fear. Bravery is feeling the fear, the doubt, the insecurity, and deciding that something else is more important.” – The Horse
- “The greatest illusion, said the mole, is that life should be perfect.” – The Mole
- “When the big things feel out of control, focus on what you love right under your nose.” – The Boy
- “To be curious about life is the first step to living a remarkable one.” – The Fox
4. On Love
- “What is the bravest thing you’ve ever said? asked the boy. Help, said the horse.” – The Horse
- “Love is not always easy, said the horse, but it is the most powerful force there is.” – The Horse
- “Love has a way of guiding us back to ourselves.” – The Mole
- “Sometimes love means letting go when you want to hold on tighter.” – The Fox
5. On Wisdom and Growth
- “Life is difficult, but you are loved.” – The Horse
- “Mistakes are the growing pains of wisdom.” – The Fox
- “The time you spend on what truly matters is never wasted.” – The Boy
- “We grow when we face our fears and embrace the unknown.” – The Mole
6. On Acceptance and Forgiveness
- “One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things.” – The Horse
- “No one is you, and that is your power.” – The Boy
- “Forgiveness is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves.” – The Fox
- “It takes courage to be who you really are, and not who the world wants you to be.” – The Mole
7. On Hope and Resilience
- “When life feels dark, remember that even the smallest light can make a difference.” – The Boy
- “Storms don’t last forever, and the sun will always rise again.” – The Horse
- “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go, but rather, learning to start over.” – The Fox
- “Keep going. You’re doing better than you think.” – The Mole
8. On Gratitude and Joy
- “Gratitude is the key to happiness. When we’re grateful, we find joy in even the smallest moments.” – The Boy
- “The simplest things can bring the most happiness.” – The Horse
- “Laughter is the best medicine for the soul.” – The Fox
- “Celebrate every tiny victory.” – The Mole
9. On Life’s Lessons
- “What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? The boy asked. Don’t measure how valuable you are by the way you are treated, said the horse.” – The Horse
- “Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one, but it leads to the most beautiful destinations.” – The Fox
- “You become what you believe, so believe in yourself and your dreams.” – The Boy
- “Always trust your instincts. They are messages from your soul.” – The Mole
10. On Kindness and Compassion
- “Kindness is a language that everyone can understand.” – The Horse
- “In a world where you can be anything, be kind.” – The Boy
- “Compassion is the bridge between you and me.” – The Fox
- “A little bit of kindness can change someone’s entire day.” – The Mole
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who is the author of The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse?
A: Charlie Mackesy is the author and illustrator of this enchanting book. He is a British artist, known for his inspiring illustrations and thought-provoking quotes.
Q: What is the main message of The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse?
A: The book explores themes of love, friendship, courage, and self-acceptance, encouraging readers to embrace their vulnerabilities and discover the power of kindness, empathy, and connection.
Q: Is The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse suitable for children?
A: Yes, the book is suitable for children and adults alike, offering valuable life lessons and wisdom that will resonate with readers of all ages.
Q: Can I buy prints of the illustrations from The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse?
A: Yes, you can purchase prints of Charlie Mackesy’s artwork from his official website or through various online retailers.
Also Read: 50 Best King Von Quotes: Words of Wisdom and Inspiration from the Late Rapper
The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse is a heartwarming and uplifting story that inspires readers to embrace their true selves, forge meaningful connections, and cultivate kindness in their lives. These 40 quotes are just a glimpse of the wisdom and beauty that lie within its pages. Whether you’re seeking solace in times of struggle or looking for a reminder of life’s simple joys, this book is sure to touch your heart and enrich your soul.
Leave a Reply