When we talk about female led relationship, we must understand that not every relationship is based on equal contribution. There are many relationships in which one person contributes more than the other, you can say one person is more dominant. Though a relationship works well when it is based on equality in some cases it is opposite.
In such relationships, one partner doesn’t mind at all if the other partner is taking the lead. Rather, they appreciate each other and enjoy their company. In this modern era, women are free to do what they want, they are contributing equally in the development of their country, they are free to move wherever they want, unlike Middle Ages women who were confined to four walls of their houses.
Country progress and prosper when both male and female are playing their role equally and the same is with the relationship. A relationship works well when both partners are performing their duties well, no matter if one is dominant over others.
What is Female Led Relationship?
Female lead relations are those in which women are dominant and take the lead. Women usually make decisions, take charge of most things and their partners seems to have no issue with this. In older times a man was considered as the dominant partner no matter if he could fulfil his duties or not. But now the time is changed and women are also leading in everything, consider it a relationship or any profession. Women play their role in every relationship as a mother, sister, daughter and wife.
She never steps back from her responsibilities. In female led relationships the responsibilities are totally opposite, where a woman often goes for a job, pay bills and take care of family needs and the man do household works like cooking, washing, taking care of children etc. This happens because sometimes the female partner wants to work, she wants freedom whereas, on the other hand, the male partner feels more comfort in doing household works.
It is a well-known fact that we were living in male dominant society, where a man was considered as the powerful one. Women were not able to make their own decisions. Even they were treated like slaves. But now the time has changed, and women are also contributing their part in the wellbeing of society. We have seen many brave women who stand for themselves and even they represent their countries such as Malala yousafzai, Rosa Parks, Margaret Thatcher, Jane Austen, Diana, Princess of wales, Mother Teresa and many more.
These women prove themselves worthy for their nation as well as for their selves. When women can stand with men in all fields of life they can also prove their worth by leading a relationship. You have seen many examples of single mother around you. These women try their best to fulfil every need of their children. They work in office, cook and clean for their Childs, they raise their children on their own. Hence, it is proof that female can lead a relationship very well.
Female Led Relationship Ideas
For most people, a healthy relationship is based on equality. According to them both men and women have to work in order to maintain their relationship. This kind of people can’t really take real definition of female led relationship. They consider it something unusual and unnatural. It is difficult for them to accept the dominancy of another partner. They can’t let women make decisions alone. They always want equal distribution in all things. This kind of thinking based on equality leads a relationship to success no doubt. But sometimes this leads a relation to its worst end as partners oppose each other on every topic. However, a relationship can lead to happiness if both partners do their duties well.
In a female led relationship woman is in charge and lead the relationship. She makes decisions and controls things. She is the dominant one and the male partner is submissive. A female led relationship progress when the male partner trusts the abilities of her female partner. He appreciates her in every matter and respects her decisions. Their trust in each other and their love makes their relation strong.
Male partner doesn’t feel ashamed while cooking, fishing, taking care of children and doing other household chores. A female led relationship can’t be viewed as feminism. It is totally opposite. While feminism considers women as more powerful, female led relationship focuses on one’s contribution to their relationship. Female partner doesn’t consider herself more superior, she makes decisions, holds the control and respects the opinion of her partner. In a female led relationship, are women take initial steps most of the times, even sometimes she is the one who asks a man to marry her. She doesn’t care at all that society will think about her if she proposes her.
Levels of FLRs:
Female led relationship can be categorized into four levels:
- Low-level female control: At this level, both partners contribute equally and make decisions. The female partner then takes the lead with the consent of her male partner. Both partners share their views and respect each other’s opinions.
- Moderate Level Female Control: At this level woman mostly lead the relationship. She makes decisions and makes her contribution worthy to the relationship. She enjoys being a dominant one. The man also enjoys the company of such a woman who rules the relationship.
- Defined Control: In this type of relationship both partners make decisions with mutual understanding, most of the time female partner makes decisions and male partner submits to it.
- Extreme Control: At extreme level female partner is in charge of everything. She takes control of all things and the male partner follows her. The female partner is dominant and most powerful at an extreme level of relationship. You can say woman lead the relationship and man led by her.
Why men seek a female led relationship?
Most of the men seek pleasure in doing household works. Some of them like cooking, some cleaning and some organizing things in the house. A female led relationships helps them seek pleasure in the things they want. The other types of men choose female led relationship because it gives them freedom as their most burdens are shared by their partners.
They enjoy being at home, doing what they love and they don’t bother at all if they are submissive one in a relationship. While most of the time in male led relationship, all responsibilities come on the shoulder of the male partner, they go through a lot of struggle while making decisions that are the reason men seek female led relationship more so they can share their struggles with a partner who is capable of making decisions.
Benefits of a Female Led Relationship:
- Better management: It is a well-known fact that women are better at management. They manage their professional life as well as their domestic life perfectly. A woman makes sure to complete every task assigned to her in a beautiful way and she pays attention to every little detail to make things easier. We can say that women are the most organized ones than men in every aspect.
- Better knowledge: Women have better knowledge about everything than men. She keeps the information about everything happening around her. She is well aware of the needs of every single person in the house. A woman makes sure that the problems and needs of everyone related to her is solved.
- Equality: In a female led relationship, the most important thing is equality. We often have seen men working hard for their family, all burdens fall on their shoulders and they can’t manage things well. When female is dominant in a relationship she makes sure her partner is not overburdened. They both lead their relationship on the basis of equality.
- Multitasking: women are better at multitasking than men. A woman can manage her home well, take care of her children, cooking and doing other household work as well as running a successful business. She knows how to keep a healthy balance between her professional life and domestic life.
- Healthy relationship: A woman knows better how to keep her relationship healthy. She makes decisions with great care and makes sure everyone agrees with her. A woman also respects other’s opinion to avoid conflict of any kind. She is the one who leads her relationship with happiness.
Female Led Relationship Quotes:
- “Female supremacy is the natural order of life”
- “A female led relationship is the one in which you’re either a woman willing to lead or you’re the man surrendering yourself to be led”
- “I do not wish them (women) to have power over men but over themselves”~ Mary Wollstonecraft
- “We need not just a new generation of leadership but a new gender of leadership” ~ William J Clinton
- “I don’t want other people to decide what I am, I want to decide that for myself”~ Emma Watson
To sum up we can say that when a woman leads a relationship she makes sure she is keeping everyone in her favour. She makes decisions and let everyone convey their opinion. She keeps her relationship healthy with the strategies and better management. A woman makes sure to fulfil the needs of her loved ones and share their burdens. So, a female led relationship promises you equality, happiness as well as freedom.
Need to talk or want us to post your views, stories or anything? Please reach us through comment box, we at Being Optimistic are pretty much concerned about our viewers and their well being.
Leave a Reply