Fairview Terraces, an iconic destination for food lovers, has a myriad of dining options that cater to various palates and budgets. Whether you’re craving local flavors, international cuisine, or vegetarian delights, there’s something here for everyone.
The best restaurants at Fairview Terraces offer a mix of local and international dishes. With top-notch chefs crafting specialty dishes, you can enjoy an array of flavors from around the world.
Can I make reservations at restaurants in Fairview Terraces?
Most restaurants at Fairview Terraces offer reservations. It’s always a good idea to call ahead, especially during peak dining times.
- Restaurant Websites or Social Media: Many restaurants, especially those that are part of bigger chains or those that are more upscale, will have their own official website or active social media pages. These platforms often provide contact details and may even offer online reservation options.
- Call Directly: The most straightforward method is to call the restaurant directly and ask if they accept reservations. This is also the best way to confirm availability for your desired date and time.
- Online Booking Platforms: In some regions, online restaurant reservation platforms like OpenTable, Booky, or Zomato have grown popular. If the restaurant is listed on one of these platforms, you can book directly through them.
What are the top dishes to try at Fairview Terraces restaurants?
While personal preferences vary, the local flavors and specialties of each restaurant are a must-try. Whether it’s a traditional Filipino adobo or a contemporary fusion dish, there’s a culinary masterpiece awaiting your taste buds.
- Adobo: A savory dish made of chicken, pork, or seafood marinated in soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic, then simmered to perfection.
- Sinigang: A sour soup traditionally made with pork, shrimp, or fish, flavored with tamarind or other souring agents and various vegetables.
- Kare-Kare: A rich peanut stew typically made with oxtail, tripes, and/or pork leg and served with a side of fermented shrimp paste.
- Lechon Kawali: Crispy deep-fried pork belly usually served with liver sauce or vinegar dip.
- Halo-Halo: A popular Filipino dessert made of crushed ice, sweetened fruits, and beans, topped with leche flan and purple yam, then drizzled with milk.
- Sushi and Sashimi: If there’s a Japanese restaurant, trying their sushi rolls or fresh sashimi is a must.
- Dim Sum: Offerings like siomai, haka, and buns from Chinese or dim sum restaurants are favorites.
- Pasta and Pizza: Italian restaurants or cafes might offer classic dishes like carbonara, spaghetti Bolognese, Margherita pizza, or specialty pizzas.
- Burgers and Fries: Gourmet burger joints or international fast-food chains often have their own specialty burgers worth trying.
- Grilled Meats: Korean BBQ places, if present, offer a delightful experience of grilling meats at your table, paired with a range of side dishes.
What are the operating hours of restaurants in Fairview Terraces?
While operating hours vary, most restaurants open around 10 am and close at 10 pm. It’s best to check with individual establishments for specific timings.
- Weekdays vs. Weekends: Some malls extend their hours during weekends or during peak shopping seasons.
- Holidays and Special Events: Operating hours can be extended during the holiday season, or they might be adjusted for specific events or occasions.
- Specific Restaurants: Restaurants with external entrances or those located in alfresco areas might have different operating hours, sometimes staying open later than the main mall.
- Cinemas: If the mall has a cinema, nearby restaurants might adjust their closing hours to cater to moviegoers catching late-night shows.
Are there any special offers or promotions at Fairview Terraces restaurants?
Promotions and special offers are frequent, especially during holidays and special occasions. Keep an eye out or inquire directly with the restaurants.
- Fairview Terraces’ Official Website: Malls often post ongoing promotions, events, and offers on their official website. Checking their “Promotions” or “Offers” section, if available, can give you a snapshot of the current deals.
- Social Media: Many malls and their individual restaurants actively post promotions on their social media platforms. Fairview Terraces, being an Ayala Mall, likely has active profiles on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Following the mall and specific restaurants of interest on these platforms can provide real-time updates.
- Newsletters: If Fairview Terraces has a newsletter subscription option, signing up can keep you informed about ongoing and upcoming promotions and events.
Are there any seafood-focused restaurants at Fairview Terraces?
Seafood lovers rejoice! Several restaurants specialize in offering the freshest seafood dishes.
- Dampa-style Restaurants: “Dampa” is a concept where diners can choose fresh seafood from a market-style display and have it cooked to their preference. While traditionally found in standalone seafood markets, some restaurants in malls adopt this style.
- Buckets Shrimps: A casual dining restaurant known for their seafood boil offerings.
- Blackbeard’s Seafood Island: This restaurant offers a “boodle fight” dining experience, with a variety of seafood dishes served on banana leaves.
- Red Lobster: An international chain, if present, would offer a wide range of seafood dishes, including their famous lobster dishes and cheddar bay biscuits.
Are there coffee shops or cafes at Fairview Terraces?
Indeed, Fairview Terraces has various cafes and coffee shops perfect for a quick bite or a leisurely coffee session.
- Starbucks: A well-known international chain offering a range of coffees, teas, and pastries.
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (CBTL): Another international favorite, CBTL serves a variety of coffee, tea, and light meals.
- Tim Hortons: A Canadian chain known for its coffee and donuts, among other items.
- Bo’s Coffee: A Filipino coffee chain that emphasizes locally-sourced beans.
- Figaro Coffee: Another local chain, Figaro focuses on serving Filipino coffee varieties and offers a menu of pastries, sandwiches, and pasta.
Can I host private events or parties at restaurants in Fairview Terraces?
Many restaurants offer private dining areas suitable for events or parties. It’s recommended to book in advance.
- Check with the Restaurant Directly: It’s always best to directly reach out to the specific restaurant you’re interested in. They can provide details about available function rooms, capacity, pricing, menu packages, and other requirements.
- Plan in Advance: If you have a specific date in mind, try to book well in advance. Popular restaurants or time slots can get filled up quickly, especially during holiday seasons or weekends.
- Menu Packages: Many restaurants offer set menus or buffet packages for events, making it easier for you to manage food choices and budgets.
Are there any restaurants with outdoor seating in Fairview Terraces?
Yes, several restaurants offer outdoor seating, allowing guests to dine al fresco.
However, specific restaurants with outdoor seating might change over time due to various factors like renovations, tenant changes, or operational decisions. It would be best to check the current directory of Fairview Terraces or contact the mall directly for the most updated list of restaurants with outdoor seating options. Alternatively, visiting the official websites or social media pages of specific restaurants can also provide information on their seating arrangements and available amenities.
What is the price range of dining at Fairview Terraces restaurants?
Prices vary based on the type of restaurant, but there’s something for every budget at Fairview Terraces.
- Fast Food Chains: Like Jollibee, McDonald’s, KFC, and others. Here, a meal can cost anywhere from PHP 80 to PHP 300, depending on the items chosen.
- Casual Dining Restaurants: Such as Gerry’s Grill, Max’s Restaurant, or Pancake House. Expect to spend between PHP 200 to PHP 600 per person, depending on the dishes and drinks you order.
- Cafes and Coffee Shops: For example, Starbucks, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, or Tim Hortons. A beverage typically costs between PHP 100 to PHP 250, with pastries and sandwiches ranging from PHP 100 to PHP 350.
- Fine Dining or Specialty Restaurants: These might be pricier. Per person, the cost could range from PHP 500 to over PHP 1,500, depending on the cuisine, dishes chosen, and beverages.
- Dessert Places and Bakeries: Items can range from PHP 50 for a small pastry or dessert to PHP 300 or more for specialty cakes or ice cream concoctions.
How do I get to Fairview Terraces and its restaurants?
Fairview Terraces is easily accessible by car, public transport, or ride-sharing services. Ample parking is available for those driving.
By Private Vehicle:
- If you’re coming from the south (e.g., Makati or Pasig), take EDSA northbound.
- Continue onto North Avenue, then head east.
- Merge onto Commonwealth Avenue.
- Drive straight on Commonwealth Avenue until you reach the intersection with Regalado Avenue.
- Turn right into Fairview Terraces. Ample parking spaces are available for visitors.
By Public Transportation:
- Jeepneys: There are several jeepney routes that pass by or terminate at Fairview Terraces. Common routes include “SM Fairview – Philcoa,” “SM Fairview – Quiapo,” and “SM Fairview – Taft.”
- Buses: Buses that ply the EDSA-Commonwealth route often have a stopover or end point at Fairview Terraces or nearby areas. Look for buses with signs such as “Fairview” or “SM Fairview.”
- UV Express: Various UV Express routes also service the Fairview area. You can find them in major terminals in Metro Manila.
- LRT/MRT: Although there’s no direct LRT or MRT station near Fairview Terraces, you can take the MRT to North Avenue station, then transfer to a bus or jeepney heading towards Fairview.
Whether you’re a food connoisseur, a casual diner, or just looking for a memorable meal, Fairview Terraces offers a culinary journey worth exploring. Don’t wait, discover the gastronomic wonders it holds today!